Newborn, Wedding and Family Photographer

Tuesday, July 19, 2016

The Tuesday Ten | Getting to Know the Photographer

12:04 PM Posted by Stacey , , 1 comment
Hello all! It's Tuesday. We are working hard to bring back our Tuesday Ten Posts that we were so diligently doing the last two years. It's been a few months so it may take us a while to get back at it but I figured we might start with a recap of Getting to Know the Photographer at Stacey Hansen Photography. We have a lot of new clients and faces who might not know us. So here's today's Tuesday Ten. 

The Tuesday Ten

1. Who am I? My name is Stacey Hansen. Formally Stacey Hawkes or Stacey Moss. I grew up in River Heights, Utah which is a small town right next to Logan. I'm the middle child of 4 girls. Amazingly enough, my family hasn't had family pictures in YEARS. This is the best photo I could find that wasn't 10 years old... but we're missing a few people. I am a down to earth kinda girl that loves putting my all into my passion, work, life, and loves. I am spontaneous, dedicated, a hard worker, creative and I love life. 


Photo Credit: Endless Photography

2. Our History. Photography by Stacey Moss was created in 2011 after I purchased a DSLR camera. I had already been taking family pictures for my family and their families using a camera I borrowed from a friend so it was time to venture out into my own realm. Photography by Stacey Moss started to thrive off of word of mouth and referrals. Our clients were amazing and kept us busy for years! Last year we re-branded and changed our name to Stacey Hansen Photography right before we got married. Stacey Hansen Photography has been so busy this last year we've had to turn clients down and refer them to other amazing photographers. It's a great dilemma to have and we are so humbled by the support over the years. We have clients that have stuck with us and continued to allow us to capture their families and kids. It's so neat to see how much change takes place over the years. Not only in the kids or families changing and growing up but in our work, style and methods. We have developed our style and continue to improve our skills, year after year! Thank you to all those who continue to come back to Stacey Hansen Photography

3. Our Style. What do we do? Our work revolves around Newborns, Families, Weddings and more. We LOVE newborns. If we could stay busy year round and only do newborns we would. BUT we'd really miss everything else. It's nice to be well rounded and see the love and bliss experienced at a wedding. And seriously chasing kids round at family sessions is a blast. So we really do love to do it all. Seniors, friends, products, kids, Themed Sessions, and more. We love our Style and are so happy to be able to capture memories for any type of session. Lifestyle, posed, wedding, newborn and more. 

4. What do I do? Running Stacey Hansen Photography is not my only gig. It's my passion and my love but I also work full time, Monday through Friday. Scheduling around my work schedule gets hard a times but all of my clients have been so supportive and understanding it's never been an issue. I work as the Quality Manager at Hycomp, a manufacturing company in Hyde Park Utah. We manufacture Oil Free air and Gas Compressors. 

5. My Hubby. We've been married nearly 1 year! Andy is my biggest supporter and #1 Fan. He is the reason why Stacey Hansen Photography exists. He is the reason I took the plunge and purchased by first DLSR camera the day before we went to Hawaii 5 years ago! From day one he's been there, holding me up when I couldn't keep going myself or needed to hear the kind words and support. He's my best friend and my rock. 




6. Family. My Family so so important to me! Andy and Kira are my life and they keep me sane. Both of our families are super supportive and we love spending time with them. Kira loves her dad and I'm so happy to share my life with them. I was blessed in the Family Department when I was born. My sisters are my best friends, as is my mom. My dad has this "there's nothing I can't do" mentality and I think it rubbed off on me a little bit because I often try to help and do things that go above and beyond. Andy's family has also been so supportive of this journey through photography. We've had multiple family photos sessions with them and they are so good to let me play and do multiple photos sessions with them. 




7. Spare Time? What is spare time? Just kidding, We do manage to have some spare time in life and we tend to take advantage of it every chance we can. We love Jeeping, Boating, riding the Razor, Hanging out with Family playing games and more. 







8. Love to Travel.  Traveling is one of the top things to do on our list but the last year has been crazy busy so we haven't made it outside of the state (other than 1 trip for work) since our Honeymoon to the Dominican Republic. We've been to some amazing locations such as Costa Rica, Maui, Dominican Republic, New Orleans, Caribbean, Upstate New York, Lake Louise Canada, and more. Traveling really is one of our all time favorite things to do but it doesn't have to be to exotic places or even out of the state. Some of our favorite trips have been within a 6 hour drive. Those locations such as Moab, Lake Powell, Jackson Hole, Park City and more. Traveling to new places or the same place over and over, there's always room for a new adventure. 







9. My Dog. If you've been to my house for a session you've likely met Max. Max is our dog. He's a Shitzu/Yorkie mixed called a Shorkie. He is spoiled. He has been my bestie for 8 years. He's like my kid and I love him. 3 Years ago he was diagnosed with Addisions Disease. We've been struggling through daily pills, monthly shots, 6-9 month blood work and evaluations ever since. He's doing much better but goes in spurts. He thinks he's the welcoming committee and barks at everyone but he really is a friendly guy! Hopefully, if you come for a session you'll become best friends with him. He loves giving kisses and to be pet! 



10. Interesting Facts.   There are always interesting facts I can share. We love Netflix, I enjoy a good book every once and a while, I love Relay for Life, I love HAWAII (specifically Maui), I love living in Cache Valley and my favorite smell is fresh rain on black top! 

I wrote a Tuesday Ten post 2 years ago about myself and some interesting facts like what I collect, what I love to do. Etc. Go check it out!

1 comment: