Newborn, Wedding and Family Photographer

Thursday, January 23, 2014

Throw Back Thursday - Larson Family, Logan Utah

New for 2014 is a "Throw Back Thursday" post at least once a month on a session from the past. (You may see these every week but at least once a month).

This week's post is special to me. This was my very first official photo session. I remember like it was yesterday. A friend at work had a Nikon DSLR that we used to take pictures of our compressors, Ragnar or just about anything at work. I loved using her camera for Ragnar and at work and she offered to let me borrow if it wanted. It was a Nikon D70. Looking back, I'm amazed she let me take it home. I would have a hard time letting anyone, even family, borrow my camera now. I appreciate her trust in me and giving me a chance to kick start this adventure. The other person(s) that had trust in me were the Larson Family. This is a special group of people to me. They were my first clients and I've done many sessions for them ever since including newborns, maternity, wedding, and more. They are an amazing group of people and so special to me. We took their photos at Willow Park in Logan at the pond. I remember they weren't all on time so we started with Brady and Shayna's family and then worked our way through each individual couple/family until they were all there. The siblings all climbed the tree for their photo and it was just a fun session. I wasn't nervous, I was just excited to be there. And I didn't edit any of their photos. They are all SOOC (Straight out of the camera) because back then I didn't have Lightroom or Elements nor did I know how to use those programs. Overall I think they turned out pretty good, but I've come along way with knowledge and experience since this first photo shoot. Thanks to all of you in the Larson Family. I truly appreciate your continued support throughout the years and love working with all of you and watching your kids grow. I have three additional sessions with these guys scheduled for the next month, it's refreshing to see how far I've come and to have them along side me.














0 comments:

Post a Comment