Newborn, Wedding and Family Photographer

Tuesday, August 19, 2014

The Tuesday Ten, Tips and Tricks about Makeup

8:43 AM Posted by Stacey , 1 comment
I'm excited to bring today's Tuesday Ten post to you. Today, you'll read about tips and tricks on Make up. Heather Malone from HMMakeup wrote today's guest post. Heather is a fabulous client of mine. She is fun, beautiful, outgoing and fabulous to be around. Her husband is just awesome and their little girl is adorable. I'm so thankful to be apart of their lives and to have them as not only Clients but great friends. You can find Heather's Makeup page on Facebook!
_________________________________________________________________________________



Ten makeup Tips and Tricks
By Heather Malone with HMmakeup

First of all I want to thank Stacey she is an awesome person and photographer! She is actually one of the people that has really helped and inspired me to get my makeup business going. I don't even think she knows this but seeing her photography business grow through the years is incredible! After seeing that I was hooked on following my dream of being an makeup artist, and getting a business of my own going. So I thank her so much for that, and also asking me to write something on your blog. So here it goes. My name is Heather Malone I’m so passionate about makeup since I was young. And I just started my own freelance makeup artist business, it is so exciting! It's always just been playing around and kind of a hobby of mine and then all of a sudden my family and friends started asking me to do their makeup and asking if I've ever do a business. I just never thought to do a business and never thought I could do it, they don't make that much or what if it doesn't work. But what the heck, all I can do is try, right? I just love helping others and making them beautiful and see their confidence grow right before my eyes. I’ve always been trying new stuff on myself, friends, and family. Getting better and better and more inspired to not only do just day to day makeup and prom ect... But also fell in love with theatrical and abstract makeup as well. Check me out on Facebook @ HMmakeup. And watch my business grow.

Ten Tips & tricks about Makeup

#1- love yourself with out makeup. Yup didn't think I was gonna start out with that huh. ;) But I really think it's important to love yourself and be comfortable in your own skin. I've alwaysbeen and am still working on this, I won't lie. I've always had a low self-confidence. And I hate it. But all you can do is try every day and say one good thing about yourself, because you are all beautiful in your own way.

#2- Not only find your beauty on the outside, but to be beautiful on the inside too. Have you ever met someone and they are just gorgeous and perfect and you get to know them, and they have a bad attitude or are just plain rude? It really makes all that beauty that people see on the outside slowly disappear.

#3- Care for yourself. Eat Healthy, Exercise, and hydrate. I don't mean go on a diet and go all crazy. Just eat clean, and drink lots of water.

#4- Lighting is everything. Use natural lighting when putting on makeup.

#5- Prices for makeup. Over the years, I've learned there is makeup out there that you can find that is cheaper and it's the same thing as the expensive kinds. I've been using ELF products (ELF.com) you can find a lot of good finds on their website. I love their blush and bronze and also their lip gloss. The makeup is great. I believe they are cheaper because the containers they come in are cheaply made.

#6- Find the right colors for eye shadow lipstick ect.. by the color of your skin, eyes, hair. Yup there are certain colors to wear to enhance your features. Example- blue eyes use browns, and/or gold eye shadows. Use a color wheel for more help.

#7- Use scotch tape to get straight lines. I do this for eye shadow or eyeliner. It's Cheap and works great!

#8- Photo-shoots. Don't wear glitter on cheeks; it can make you look red. Also don't use SPF cover up the SPF can wash you out from the flash of the camera and make you look lighter. Always put on a little more then you usually do for photo shoots because the flash of the camera can wash off over 50% of your makeup.

#9- Get inspired! Go on Pinterest or YouTube and just go try your favorite makeup. Try it over and over again. You might surprise yourself how good you really are. My inspiration is mostly from a YouTube makeup artist named Kandee Johnson. She is amazing, not only for makeup ideas but also will make you smile on any sad day. She is such a beautiful person inside and out.

#10- Don't stress about putting on makeup, just have fun with it…because you can always just erase it. My favorite makeup remover is Neutrogena makeup remover wipes. I cannot live without these things. Also, don't just use a wipe once, and throw it away, re use it until there is no more room on it. Or cut them all in half so it will last longer, they are somewhat expensive so get the most out of them.

I hope I've helped you out a little with my 10 makeup tips and tricks and don't forget to check me out on Facebook @HMmakeovers for more. Also I will have a website and other things coming up soon so go and like, and share my page. Thanks for reading! :)

Remember "You're more beautiful than you know. More talented than you think. And more loved than you can imagine"!
-Kandee Johnson

1 comment:

  1. wonderful!!! I love these :):) Looking forward to your website! :)

    ReplyDelete