Newborn, Wedding and Family Photographer

Wednesday, March 19, 2014

Stylized Model Session | Northern Utah Wedding Photographer

Cache Valley Wedding Photographer 
I have been wanting and trying to plan a bridal model session for months! I originally wanted to do an outdoor winter bridal session and had a vision in my head. Things didn't quite work out that way and got pushed back until this past weekend. However, I am in love with these photos. I think the session turned out much better in the early spring than it would have in the snow so I'm thrilled to share these photos with you! 

Here's a little about the session. 
  1. I met Carmen through my sister in law Maria who works with Carmen. I asked her to do this session months ago and was so excited to work with her.
  2. I needed a beautiful wedding dress to showcase and my sister just happened to still have her's. I asked if she'd let me borrow it and to my luck it fit Carmen perfectly. Thanks Shayna!
  3. Next on my list was a Flower Crown! I had seen a few of these and was excited to incorporate one into this session. I saw a post on FiercenFree.com about Meghan making flower crowns. I knew Meghan from high school and thought I'd ask. She was so nice and willing to help out. She made the crown and shipped it to me in no time. Because of the push back of the session I actually had it for a few weeks at my house, patiently sitting in a box waiting to be worn. Thanks again Meghan from Fierce and Free! Find her on Facebook here
  4. Next up I needed a Hair Stylist and Make Up Artist. My original stylist fell through and Carmen said she'd be fine to do her own hair and make up. I agree, it looked great. Thanks again Carmen. 
  5. The last and final touch was the bouquet. I had some colors and a few sample bouquets in mind that I wanted to combined for this session. I posted on my Facebook page for a florist and thanks to a client of mine I was put in touch with Stacey at Chartier Floral and Gifts. Stacey is out of Hill Air Force Base in the Layton Utah area. She put together this gorgeous bouquet in no time. Thanks for helping me out Stacey! 
  6. Location: I took Carmen to Spring Hollow in Logan Canyon. The stream, waterfall and surrounding trees made for the perfect early spring backdrop. Though the trees aren't yet blooming and most of the foliage is not growing yet the area was beautiful and really made Carmen and the white dress stand out. 
  7. Last thanks is to my mom. She joined in on the session and helped me out!
Together, we made this photo shoot happen. Thanks again!
 I'm so in love with these.  Enjoy! 



























1 comment:

  1. I love the ones with her hand on her hip :) of course though right? :)

    ReplyDelete