Newborn, Wedding and Family Photographer

Tuesday, January 20, 2015

The Tuesday Ten | Reeves Crochet

3:10 AM Posted by Stacey , ,
A few months ago I started working with a lady named Jessie Reeves for some hats for newborn sessions. We worked out a deal to trade for her little boy's 1st birthday coming up this month. She does an amazing job with crocheting so I thought it would be fun to see what all she offers and have her be a guess blogger on the Tuesday Ten. 
_______________________________________________________________________________________

Thank you Stacey for this neat opportunity!  I've never been featured in a blog like this before, so this is truly a treat!  I love to showcase my work, but family is also important to me, so here we go!
I'm Jessie Reeve.  Wife, new mommy and an avid crocheter.  Crochet has always been a hobby.  My mother taught me when I was 14 and I've never stopped, aside from my busy, hectic college days.  After college I picked it back up since I was having a terrible time locating a good job.  I starting making things with a friend (I was teaching her) and I had the idea of starting up a business on etsy.com to help with our finances.  I'll admit my first creations left much to be desired, but I love how much my ability has improved!  I've had the opportunity to work with photographers and parents, participate in a Christmas boutique, and share in some of life's most tender moments.  In addition, I was able to crochet a lovely afaghan and several hats for my baby boy.  He's the light of my life, my little glow worm and munchkin.  My business was really growing prior to my baby boy, but since delivering him, I've put it second on my daily to-do.  I still crochet though.  It's my way of creating daily.  I hope you enjoy!



1.  Family is very important to me.  What would I have done without my husband's support in launching my business and watching me build it up?  Let's not forget that handsome little boy there!  He's my inspiration and other supporter.


2. Crochet is fascinating and unique.  Knitting can be done my a machine, but crochet cannot.  I love that fact!  What I do cannot be replicated by a machine.  Every crocheter has their own style and it shows in their work, kind of like fingerprints!


3. In addition to crocheting I was able to use my photoshop and illustrator skills to design my business identity.  It has changed a LOT but I'm happy with what I now have.  I've also been able to help others build up their business identity.  


So, what can I crochet?  Well there's....
4. Hats - Themes, characters, styles, you name it!  I love to try out ideas.


 5. Headwraps & Headbands - I don't crochet just for infants.  Mommies need some cozy fashion accessories too!



6. Scarves


7. Blankets & Bags - I've experimented a lot with bags, and these are a few of my favorite projects.


8. Cape and Cover sets - Infants are so much fun to dress up!  I love these two sets that were requested!


9. Booties and Motifs - These are a couple smaller things I crochet.  The booties are a fun twist on the typical baby bootie we think of.

10. I also love custom work!  Custom requests are some of my favorite things.  I get to challenge my abilities and get my creative juices flowing.  It also means deciding which stitches to use to create the deisgn-in-mind and what textures to form.  




There's so much more I could go into, but these are what first came to mind.  I LOVE crocheting.  I cannot go into a yarn store without leaving with at least a couple skeins of yarn.  Thank you again, Stacey, for giving this awesome opportunity!

If you're interested in having something made, please contact me!  I have made items for all occasions: baby showers, photoshoots, weddings, birthdays, holidays (Valentines Day, Halloween, Christmas, New Years) and bridal showers.  I would love to hear from you!  Here's how to contact me:
Jessie Reeve

{Photos provided by Jessie Reeve}